Peanut Butter Sponge Cake
- Bereidingstijd: 40 min. (20 min. preparation) min ( min voorbereiding)
- Geschikt voor: 6-8 serves personen
- Soort gerecht: Snack
- 4 eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 225 g unsalted butter + extra to grease cake tins
- 1 can condensed milk
- 150 g Mister Kitchen’s Peanut Butter Super Creamy
- 25 g salted peanuts
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 75 g dark chocolate (minimum 60%)
- 2 cake tins 20 cm
- Baking paper
- Waarvan suikers
- Waarvan verzadigd
- If you have no ready-made dulce de leche: Remove the label from the can of condensed milk. Place unopened can in a saucepan and submerge in water. Bring water to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 2 hours. Make sure the can remains continuously submerged in water. Allow for the can to cool down after those 2 hours before opening it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease the cake tins with unsalted butter. Cut 2 circles from baking paper and use it to line the bottom of the cake tins.
- Mix the eggs, butter, sugar, self-raising flour, and baking powder in a large bowl with an electric mixer until you have a fluffy and smooth texture.
- Spread out half of the mixture both cake tins. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. After 20 minutes, check through the oven window if their colour does not get too dark, but leave the oven closed. The cakes are ready when they are golden brown in colour, and they have loosened slightly from the tins’ sides.
- Let them cool down in the cake tins for 5 minutes, then take them out by using a palette knife or similar. Place them on a cooling rack. Let them continue cooling down.
- Mix the peanuts, icing sugar and 1 small tablespoon of water in a bowl. Spread out the peanuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes in the still warm oven. Stir twice during roasting process.
- Take the peanuts out of the oven and put them on a plate. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie. As soon as the chocolate has completely melted, remove the saucepan from the stove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- It’s time to assemble the cake: place the first cake slice on a large flat plate. Spread out the peanut butter on top. Next, spread the dulce de leche (the boiled condensed milk) on top of that.
- Add the second slice of cake. Evenly pour the melted chocolate over the top of the cake and sprinkle with the sweet-salty peanuts.